Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To Bobby...


Well, We made it 4 years. It's crazy to think that it's been that long. Time has flown by and it's gone by even faster since we started having kids. There's nothing that I value more than our family. My love for you grows each and every day and I can't imagine life without you. Even though there are times when I want to get away by myself and blow off some steam, I still love you! It's those hard times that bring us even closer. I can honestly say that you're my best friend in the world and I wouldn't change that for anything.

I love thinking back to when we first met. I'll always remember how fast you and your friend's heads snapped back as you passed me in the parking lot of the offices. Not that I'm being cocky or anything, but you have to admit, it was pretty funny. The next 6 months were some of the funnest of my life before I left for the mission.

Thanks for waiting for me... at least for the first little bit anyways. I always knew in the back of my mind that you'd still be there when I got home. Even though you did Dear John me. It's all good though 'cause the day I got the letter, me and 5 other elders spent a couple hours throwing darts at your picture. We couldn't quit until we got both of your eyes. Your right eye was pretty elusive for quite a while, but someone finally nailed it.

Seriously though, Thanks for all you do. I couldn't ask for a better wife/best friend/mother to my kids. We've got the cutest kids around for sure and I credit it to you. You're a knockout and you've passed it down to our kids. You're an awesome mom. Our kids love you and you do so much to make sure that they are always having fun. Kenedee idolizes you. I hope she turns out just like you. Maybe not so much when it comes down to your OCD with cleaning, or your constant back-seat driving, but everything else for sure.

Thanks for being understanding when I want to take off and go golfing with the guys or hunting with my brothers, or doing home improvement projects when you think it's not neccesary. Really, just thanks for putting up with me. I know it's hard sometimes.

I Love You Bobby and can't wait for the next 4 years.. heck lets make it 40..


-Your Best Friend,


-Nate

6 comments:

L'erin

I love how sweet & sour the Barker family can be, women included. Youre so sweet Nate, Bobby will love this

Adrie

Oh you two are so cute, that was the sweetest letter and funny, I seriously got teary eyed. Happy Anniversary!

Andersen Family

Oh, Brother of mine- that was SO sweet. But.. Wyatt still gets some credit for you meeting Bobby- since he was the one that sent you on that delivery at Olsen's. Love you two!

Anonymous

Happy anniversary, that was so sweet of nate to post that, hey we never got to the pool, but you should come and do playgroup with some of us I will let you know all the details

kOrTnI

How cute are you two?!?!
Its funny how things that are supposed to work out do... That's cute (not the dart thing) lol

Well, I know it wasn't the best of times that we met under, but it seemed to work out, & I'm glad we all met!

Keep in touch! Hopefully we'll meet up soon!

Kortni

The Ducketts

oh so that was pretty cute...almost made the pregnant neighbor cry...you guys are great...and I must agree that you have a great wife!