Sunday, December 28, 2008

ChRiStMaS 2008

We spent our Christmas up to the Cabin in Bear Lake this year. It's a tradition with the Olson side to go up with EVERYONE and take Christmas with us. It gets more chaotic every year. This year we had 3 more kids then we had last year. We're starting to run out of room for all of the gifts. This year we had 11 adults and 12 kids so it was a FULL house. We love getting together with everyone, though. We're lucky that everyone gets along so well and we all have a good time.


Of course, EVERYONE got spoiled. Our kids especially. Kenedee was SO excited to see all of her Disney Princess stuff. It was so much fun to watch her get overly excited about everything she opened.



Brooks got spoiled with a bunch of toys. His favorite, it seems, are his Drums and his Zoo. He's so much fun. He's walking all over the place now and must be the happiest kid ever. All he ever does is laugh and play all day long.



Nate and I both got some nice surprises. He gave me a cute KitchenAid mixer to match our new kitchen, a beautifully framed painting of the SLC Temple, and then I got spoiled with the usual clothes and such.



I surprised Nate with a signed BYU football helmet. He'd mentioned to me that he'd love to have one signed by Hall, Pitta, Unga, & Collie and I told him there was no way I could ever get that done. Little did he know, I called our "connection" with the Cougar Club and he took care of everything. Thanks Jeramiah! He also got spoiled with the usual clothes.



The kids did some sledding down our man-made bobsled track. Grandpa Bart took the time to make it and the kids loved it.



Nate, Brian, and my dad (Bart) went snowmobiling the day after Christmas and as usual, were crazy and had a ton of fun. Nate got a little too daring with a cornice and rolled the sled sideways. Luckily, no one got hurt. They have way too much fun when they go. So much, that they never let us girls go out with them.





We had a ton of fun this year at the cabin playing games, pulling late nighters with board/card games and just having fun with everyone. Thanks Mom & Dad for making this happen every year. Hopefully there's more to come in the future.

12 comments:

Anonymous

it looks like you guys had a great christmas I cant believe that your little one is walking that is so cute. now htat the holidays are over we need to get together for lunch

Erica

Hey cute pictures! I can't believe little Brooks is walking! I am glad kennedee loved all of her princess toys! They are both so stinking cute!

The Ducketts

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. It was fun to see you guys at the mall even though you wanted to kill the ditz at American Eagle...call us, we need to go to dinner!

Adrie

What a fun tradition!!! How fun that you get to spend Christmas morning with your whole family, I bet it is crazy though. Your kids are so cute and your going to love your kitchen aid I want to upgrade mine for a color that matches my kitchen.

kOrTnI

Oh Bear Lake at Christmas time!!! I'm jealous, we've never done that, even tho we've talked about it a bunch of different times.
I'm convinced we gotta do it sometime tho-it looks like so much fun!!!
Well Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Sherri

Looks like Santa was good to you and your family. It was good to see you at the family party although it is getting harder and harder to go around to everyone and chat a bit. Hey, I wanted to get your email. I have decided to go private with my blog...not sure you ever check it but if you do, send me your email so that I can add you. My email is smrobinson00@hotmail.com

The Hone's

Your little family is so stinkin cute. How are you guys?

Jackson Family

Christmas is the BEst!!! I love all your pictures. We are dying to go up to the Cabin!! It looks so FUn!

Haskell Fam

so do you think your byu "connection" would hook me up with a signed helmet? Ryan would love it! Looks like a fun Christmas, jealous of your kitchen aide! Stacy Haskell

Josh & Kenz

How fun going to Bear Lake. You have such a cute family.

The Hone's

Yeah we should all go to dinner. Let me know or tell Nate to call Jared. That would be fun.

Dani

Looks like a blast! It would so awesome to have a place like that to go with your family. Oh, and I love your blue kitchen aid...so cute!