Thursday, March 26, 2009

...Are You Kidding Me?...

So Tuesday afternoon I headed home from work at about 4pm to meet a friend that wanted to look at our house. Nothing special about the day, just another day. Well, until about 30 seconds later.

I stopped at the stop-sign just on the corner of the property of the greenhouses, looked left, looked right, didn't see anything so I hit the gas to go across the highway and take the back roads to our house. A second later, DAMN! I didn't see car coming down the highway at 55-60 mph and I pulled right in front of her.






After impact, I spun a 180 and then rolled twice, (I think), I couldn't keep track with all of the glass flying all over the place and bouncing around the inside of the truck. I ended up in the passenger seat, sitting upright. No, I wasn't wearing my seat belt. I never forget to put the stupid thing on, but I was in a hurry and didn't remember. To be honest, I think that this was 1 in a million times when it was better that I didn't have my belt on. As you can tell from the pictures, the entire drivers side of the cab is crushed so I think I'd be a lot worse off if I was sitting in that seat the entire time.



After everything stopped, I climbed out of the passenger window as fast as I could to make sure that the other driver was OK. I was scared that I had just killed someone. I ran over to the lady's car and she was conscious and said she was OK, but she waited until the EMTs got there to move from the position that she was in.





All I can say is that I'm LUCKY! I feel humbled to be alive and not injured badly. All I got was a couple scraps on my face and some cuts on my hands. I haven't heard how the lady is, but I hope she's OK. Thank goodness for trucks. I've always believed that if you're in a bad wreck, you're better off in a big truck then a little sedan. I loved my truck, but I guess I'll have to start looking for a new one. Anyone know of a sweet deal on a new GMC Duramax???

7 comments:

Andersen Family

sooo glad u were ok! That was the scariest thing ever to drive up and see. luv ya tons!

Adrie

I am so glad your ok, how scary. I thought all Fords beeped like crazy when you weren't wearing a seat belt? Again I am glad your ok!

The Coburn's

We are so glad you are okay! You are one lucky guy!

Jade, Maclee, Briten & Jalee

Holy Crap how scary, you are so lucky not to be hurt badly, and thank goodness your kids werent with you! I am glad you are ok! Thanks for the fun day last week it was super good to see you.

The Hone's

Im so happy to hear that your ok. That looks horrible. I cant even imagine.

Anonymous

Im so glad that everything is ok Wreaks are so scary. next timie put your dang seat belt on!!

The Slacks.

Wow....that's so crazy. I'm glad you're ok. What a nice truck. Don't worry, I've seen Heidi run over cement curbs before ha ha.